If you thought the toilet paper aisle felt like The Purge this spring, just wait for this $6m+ auction.
A record number of people have registered for the 850+ item sell-off from Prop Store, a movie collectibles vendor.
Among the props up for grabs (with estimated auction price):
- Obi-Wan’s lightsaber hilt from the original Star Wars ($25k-$35k)
- The Maverick helmet from Top Gun ($50k-$70k)
- The 11-foot spaceship from Alien ($300k-$500k)
- Walter White’s hazmat suit from Breaking Bad ($4k-$6k)
- Edward Scissorhands’… scissor hands ($5k-$7k)
- James Bond’s passport from Die Another Day ($2k-$3k)
- The game board from Jumanji ($60k-$80k)
- A T-Rex armature from Jurassic Park ($25-$35k)
A few pandemic-specific recommendations
After studying the complete catalog, here’s what we think can spice up your quarantine:
- Forget athleisure. It’s time to blow away your coworkers with the Spartan outfit from 300 ($6k-$8k)
- I don’t care how good your headphones are; aesthetically, they just can’t beat the Brain-Computer Interface Headset from the sci-fi movie Brainstorm ($10k-$15k)
- Snag Marty McFly’s dehydrated Pizza Hut wrapper from Back to the Future Part II, and you’ll never need to buy a plate again ($400-$600).
Interested? Bidding starts this Wednesday at 10am PST.